Real Answers – Week #2
You’ve Got REAL Questions, You Deserve REAL Answers…
WEEK #1 RECAP
WEEK #2 Video
This Week’s Lesson
- Read Bible passages as a family.
- Discuss what you read.
- Discuss and answer questions.
- Take notes and write down any additional questions that you have.
- Discuss additional questions and do additional research if needed.
- Study the Bible first and most, then consult commentaries as needed.
- Besides natural disasters, where does suffering come from?
- Where do you think natural disasters come from?
- Why do you think God permits suffering?
- Can God remove suffering without removing free-will? If so, how?
Read Genesis 6-9:
- Why did God intervene?
- Why didn’t God intervene sooner?
- Why did God act as harshly as he did?
- Genesis 6:5 says: “every inclination was evil all the time”. Could God have fixed that without removing their free-will?
- If God were to remove our free-will, what would that look like if we had no choice in how we lived, thought and acted?
- Should God ‘selectively’ prune the bad from the good? Who would determine the bad from the good?
- Read Romans 3:10. Where would that leave you?
- Why would a Loving God permit suffering?
*This study is not meant to be exhaustive, but is intended to get you started. The study of God’s Word, Will and Character should be a passionate life-long pursuit.